Further to our notice dated 26 March 2020 we would just like to remind customers that the situation regards airfreight remains mostly the same. Some points to note:
- There are a fair number of carriers operating either Freighters or utilising just the BELLY space of Passenger aircraft. There is an absolute lack of capacity and pricing is up by as much as 600% on some routes.
- Airlines no longer offer TIME GUARANTEED services and all contract rates remain suspended. What space is available comes on a “first come first serve basis” with rates literally changing per flight.
- Therefore, and for the foreseeable future:
- Any pre-agreed or existing Contract Rates, Tariffs and Estimates remain suspended unless we specifically inform you otherwise.
- All SLA’s are suspended as we do our best to keep your cargo moving, subject to capacity, carrier availability and rate agreement.
- A further reminder that Ground Handling Agents for airlines have mostly introduced Covid-19 related surcharges, so both Foreign and South African Landside charges will be affected.
- We furthermore appeal to you for patience as C19 distancing measures create havoc around the airlines and cargo releasing processes are massively delayed.
- We can arrange Full Charters for customers with Air Cargo in excess of 60 tons / 240 cbm. We are also able to guide importers through the Permit process form PPE and similar relief cargo.
The measures albeit intended as temporary in nature are not likely to revert back to pre C19 for some time, even post the end of Lockdown in South Africa, and all SLA and Tariff suspensions will, therefore, need to continue until Normalised Market Conditions return.
We once again thank you for your support and understanding. As ever, our teams are here to help, and are ready to talk to you regarding any questions or concerns you may have.
For an understanding of carriers operating and available services, please contact your Ziegler Controller or any of our Management Team.